I finally finished editing Autumn 2021 images but still have many more to post. This one is a return to Lower Emerald Pools one the most assessible places in the park.
In early to mid-November the autumn colors are peaking. This is a mid-morning shot with the sun behind the waterfall.
Look at the spray at the top of the image compared to the spray just below the starburst. You can easy see the acceleration due to gravity: 32 Feet Per Second Squared.
Normally, I prefer to take long exposures and blur the water. I also generally prefer to shoot waterfalls with no direct light on them.
This image breaks both of my general rules.
Feature Image Details
This images is focus stacked. The foreground tree is right in front of me. In one image I focused on the tree and a second image on the background.
Lower Emerald Pools Additional Images
The above two images are from November 4, 2015. Those images work only because there was no direct sun.
The lead image from 2021 works only because there was direct sun, not my normally favored waterfall setup.
Other Zion National Park Articles
- Zion National Park – Subway Trek Part Three – Inside the Subway
- Zion National Park – Subway Trek Part Two – The Crack
- Zion National Park – Subway Trek Part One – Archangel Falls
- Zion National Park Autumn – Great White Throne
- Zion National Park – Autumn – Lower Emerald Pools Part 1
- Zion National Park – Autumn – Lower Emerald Pools Part 2 (After a Rainfall)
- Zion National Park – Autumn – Middle and Upper Emerald Pools
- Zion National Park – The Watchman – Autumn
- Zion National Park – Autumn – Hiking “The Narrows” Part I
- Zion National Park – Autumn – Hiking “The Narrows” Part II
- Zion National Park – Autumn – Hiking “The Narrows” Part III
- Zion National Park – Autumn – Clear Creek
- Zion Narrows Take IV (Just how Waterproof is Canon’s EOS Mirrorless R5?) Part II
- Zion National Park – Left Fork Trail – Subway
- Zion National Park – Left Fork Trail – Subway Entrance
- Zion National Park – Left Fork Trail – The Slide
Those interested in my equipment and recommendations can find it here: Mish’s Equipment List.
If you like this article, please share by email or use one of the share buttons beneath the article.
Much more coming up Click to Subscribe by Email.
Mike “Mish” Shedlock